Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer to drive strategy and design for Stashs money movement systemthe core action that ties our entire product together. In this role, youll also be a leader for our team, helping coach other designers and level up our design practices. Join us on our mission to level the playing field by helping everyday people build smart financial habits, grow their wealth, and open new doors of opportunity!
What you'll do:
- Drive short-term and long-term vision and strategy for our cross-platform system of money movement, including all deposits and investment purchases, intra-Stash transfers, and withdrawals
- Build a thorough understanding of the problems were solving and define solution parameters
- Work closely with user researchers, data scientists, and other relevant stakeholders to gather information used to inform design decisions
- Facilitate a collaborative design process that invites a diverse set of perspectives to the table and ensures you have the right information to inform your design decisions
- Translate complex ideas into simple, user-friendly designs that fit within the constraints of each project
- Use design principles and frameworks to produce designs and, where appropriate, new styles and patterns that are visually elegant and cohesive with the rest of our product
- Work with engineers to ensure proper design implementation
- Frequently give and solicit structured feedback with fellow designers in order to constantly raise the bar
- Lead by example and help coach members of our design team who are earlier in their careers
What we're looking for:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience as a product designer (or comparable position)
- You LOVE design and care deeply about the quality of your work
- You understand both customer and business goals and can speak confidently about how your work relates to the broader product strategy and company objectives
- You guide your project through a defined design process and use it to contextualize your work and solicit the right type of feedback at a given stage
- You have a record of finding strong solutions to complex problems with lots of moving parts
- You're able to clearly communicate the reasons behind your design decisions
- You recognize and account for how your design decisions will impact other areas of the product to ensure a cohesive user experience
- You believe in defining success metrics and making data-informed decisions
- You understand the ins and outs of designing native mobile applications
Nice to have:
- You have experience working on problems in fintech or another highly regulated industry
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.
More Jobs From