Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Cedar is seeking a Lead Product Designer to be a part of our Initiatives team! The Product Designer will be responsible for the end to end product design process. You will become a specialist in a key area of our business to craft tools and resources critical to our users and our mission. Youll be responsible for researching and understanding user needs and motivations, as well as engaging with various partners to evolve our products to meet those needs.
You will do more than just push pixels; this person will help move metrics that matter to our company. You will put patients first by understanding their behavior, and apply this empathy to craft meaningful solutions. Additionally, this candidate will be a strong systems problem solver that will solve to scale a world-class experience, one patient at a time.
- Partner with product managers and engineers to drive business solutions
- Lead the end to end product design process for your product area
- Participate in discovery with clients and present designs for feedback
- Manage stakeholders and help build consensus throughout the product development cycle
- Take research insights and develop them into product concepts for market testing
- Scale designs across user types and use cases
- Guide long-term vision and design strategy for new products
- Mentor and provide guidance for other designers on the team to raise the bar across the team
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of product design experience
- Strong consensus building, persuasion, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with partners and clients and communicate clearly around design decisions
- Ability to own the design and design solution for products
- Apply design thinking and service design to build flows that are simple and delightful
- Experience working on a cross-functional product development team in an iterative process
- Proven track record to execute on visual and interaction details within a design system
- Positive demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
- Thrives in ambiguity and fast-paced environments. Ability to jump in and learn fast
- Experience taking early-stage products from concept to market
- Experience working in consumer-facing products, ideally in a related industry such as consumer financial services, healthcare, etc.
- Consulting or other client-facing experience
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Lead Product Designer roles who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.