Wistia is looking for a front-end engineer to lead and manage our video experience team. Wistia engineers are a diverse and inclusive group. No department is an island. We are one leg in the three-legged stool of software product engineering and work closely with product managers and designers to deliver the highest-impact features in the short-term without neglecting the long-term. We also value and seek out the perspectives of our colleagues in BI, sales, customer support, and marketing. Were not just interested in this or that technology, were interested in our customers, whether theyre internal (support, finance, other engineers) or external.
The challenge: Our embeddable video player is the most visible and used part of our video marketing platform, loaded into browsers 50 million times a day. It needs to be small, fast, accessible, easily embedded in all sorts of websites, and work across the vast majority of end user devices and browser combinations. Our Channels feature likewise is embedded in customer websites to provide a binge-worthy experience for their viewers and presents the same technical challenges.
Were looking for someone who:
- Has seen the good, the bad, the ugly, and the just plain quirky of the internet.
- Is excited by the challenge of having to make our product work fast and well in the wild, under all kinds of conditions (browser-specific constraints, connection speed constraints, constraints of the sites we embed in).
- Cares about increasing the accessibility of the web generally and video on the web in particular.
- Has experience leading engineers on cross-functional product teams.
- Enjoys working with others to solve not just technical, but people, design, and product challenges.
- Likes to help other engineers grow.
- Work closely with your product manager and designer to deeply understand the strategy and issues faced by our customers and their customers, the end users.
- Help guide the team in making technical and product decisions that are consonant with Wistias company values: simplicity, presentation, long-term company thinking, and creativity.
- Take on people management for the engineers on the team.
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company were building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park
More Jobs From