We are looking for a Lead, Engineering Program Management to join our team in Watertown, MA. Markforged is reinventing manufacturing, and we are looking for a technical people leader passionate about driving cutting-edge additive technologies to market. If you have experience in people leadership, technical program management, thrive in fast-paced environments, and are excited to lead new hardware and materials from thought to product, then we want you to join our team.
What will you own?
The Lead, Engineering Program Management (EPM), reporting into Engineering Senior Leadership, is the primary technical manager of all NPI programs. Ultimately, the Practice Lead is a player / coach and responsible for 3 key areas:
- Coach: As direct manager and people leader of hardware and materials Technical Program Managers, this role is responsible for team and process development in support of NPI programs.
- Player: At times, direct program management of NPI (hardware or materials) programs due to team capacity. While the largest NPI programs will be handled by individual contributors under the Practice Lead, all NPI programs require Engineering Program Management support.
- Development of Markforged-wide program management best practices: Collaboration with Practice Leads in Software, Manufacturing, Corporate, and/or ISS on the development of Phase-Gate, Agile, Sustaining / End of Life, or similar processes through bi-weekly meetings to ensure operational consistency and fit.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 3+ years experience as a leader of technical program management teams (EE, MechE, Materials Eng, Manufacturing) in a fast-paced / high-growth environment.
- Experience with Phase-Gate, Agile, and other related Program Management methodologies in the development of complex electromechanical systems.
- Familiarity with firsthand execution of projects or programs, such as establishment of milestones, deliverables, risks, and labor/financial estimations.
- A strong desire to build foundations, process, and lead initiatives.
- Experience with JIRA, Smartsheets, Confluence, and GSuite, preferably at admin or developer-level.
Bonus points for:
- Background in additive manufacturing, materials science, engineering, or general manufacturing.
- Admin / Developer-Level knowledge of Atlassian products or Smartsheet.