Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking a Lead Embedded Firmware Test Engineer who will drive the overall testing philosophy for embedded hardware and software. You will be responsible for participation in design activities to ensure testability in production. The ideal candidate should have relevant technical experience in a similar role.
What you'll do:
- Lead the development of all testing needs for all embedded systems, including design validation, production validation and agency certification
- Develop in-product embedded C code for test support
- Develop laptop/desktop based test tools and frameworks for testing embedded software and hardware
- Manage defect tracking and reporting
- Develop and perform regression and release tests
- Create and maintain test documentation (procedures, tools , and artifacts, etc...)
- Work with board manufacturer to define and create manufacturing tests for electrical hardware and software
What we're looking for:
- BS in EE or CS, MS preferred with at least 5 years of testing experience in embedded systems
- Competency in the following communication protocols: JTAG, CAN, I2C, SPI, UART
- Experience with a variety of integrated development environments
- Ability to prioritize work independently and efficiently in support of development and production timelines
- Experience with DevOps, automated testing, continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with HIL and SIL testing
- Fluency in Python, experience using it for testing automation is a plus
- Software life cycle experience from product conceptual development to servicing and root-causing fielded product issues
- Demonstrated ability to use laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, power supplies, data acquisition systems
- Electronics design experience including PCB schematic and layout is a plus
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.