Aura helps customers monitor, manage, and protect against the risks associated with their identities and personal information in a digital world. With adaptive technology, a seasoned team, and a first-of-its-kind product suite, Aura enables customers to manage disparate cybersecurity needs with ease. Backed by premier investors, WndrCo and General Catalyst, Aura's category-defining business is a holistic personal digital security platform that unites best-in-class privacy, identity, and security products.
Trusted by more than 2 million customers, Aura has a team of more than 450 people worldwide and revenues over $200 million. Most importantly, this trajectory continues to show momentum and is supported by strong organic growth in addition to strategic customer acquisition. Aura’s leadership team has seen similar success before, having grown a start-up to a valuation of over $3 billion prior to exit. With a clear vision, strong alignment, and strategic M&A execution, Aura has assembled a stellar team and built a unique culture with incredible employees. Join us for the ride!
Aura is looking for a Lead DevOps engineer for its Silicon Valley office.
You will be the DevOps lead for a set of new services being developed for Aura customers. The new services bring Aura’s best of breed Identity, Security and Privacy products together. You will be working with the engineering team that built the world’s fastest VPN, HotSpotShield, used daily by close to 10 million users globally. HotSpotShield servers run in 80+ globally distributed colo’s and the control plane runs on AWS and Digital Ocean. HotSpotShield and its affiliated apps are routinely ranked in the top 3 VPN Apps in Apple app store and in the top 10 utility apps.
- You will leverage your deep knowledge of Cloud native application design, Infrastructure as a code and cutting edge DevOps practices, to deliver leading edge solutions for Aura customers.
- Have a strong sense of commitment and risk-reward for any technology or method used to solve a problem. Needless to say, in a highly influential role, crisp communication with peers, executives and engineers will be the key to success.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and skills, including:
- BS/BA degree with 10+ years experience in the software, systems disciplines
- Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Production experience building/automating/deploying a complex stack of applications/services/micro services on AWS or GCP
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) tools and platforms available across AWS and GCP is a must
- Solid expertise in one or more cloud native databases such as RDS, Dynamo DB, Mongo DB is required
- Production experience with Kafka, Prometheus, Hashicorp tools is a must
- Experience with kubernetes is a strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Cloud security strategies will be a strong plus
- Demonstrated track record in building platforms and tools that accelerate product development pipeline is an added plus
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination or harassment based on “protected categories,” Aura is committed to being an inclusive community where all feel welcome. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Aura.