ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
Data and analytics are critical to our future growth at ezCater. Equally as important, is how we transform that data into margin accretive business decisions. As a Lead Data Scientist in the Enterprise Performance Analytics Team, you will bring an unparalleled level of insights, and unlock boundless opportunities for the business. You will, first and foremost, own our financial forecasting algorithm, enabling partners and stakeholders from across the business to drive value and plan for ezCaters future. The ideal candidate is a strong critical thinker, independent worker who can deliver on open-ended questions while working closely with collaborative partners.
What you'll do:
- Own and develop our financial forecasting estimating year one bookings for our new customers
- Improve financial forecasting modeling to meet business needs while abiding to rigorous analytical principles.
- As an individual contributor, be the advisor and subject matter expert for data, forecasting and modeling for your domain; advance innovation and improvements to the analytics techniques, approaches, and processes used across the company.
- Lead the forecasting strategy for broad, unstructured problems while driving forward deliverables that address fundamental and ambiguous business questions.
- Contribute to financial planning by providing them with cohorted analysis of customer metric projections.
What you have:
- 5+ years experience in a relevant field, such as financial forecasting or data science, performing quantitative and technical analysis, ideally with experience in marketplace or e-commerce environments.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining machine learning algorithms that are widely used and adopted.
- Experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can add strong business value and setting the analytics roadmap.
- Demonstrated proficiency in explaining complex analysis to stakeholders at all levels of the organization and translating conclusions into straightforward, actionable business recommendations and strategic direction.
- Self-directed and demonstrated ability to define, prioritize, and direct analytics initiatives.
- Expert proficiency in SQL and Python and libraries such as Pandas/Numpy/ SKLearn
- Knowledge of data science / ML approaches (e.g. time series forecasting, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting and Logistic Regression, etc).
- Experience partnering with business teams on agile model development.
- Be able to own and deliver projects/programs both on your own and as a member of a broader team.
- Experience in 2-sided marketplaces for both B2C and B2B customers is a plus.
The national cash compensation range for this role is $110,000 - $173,000* per year.
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when youre in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.