Office Tour Photos
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player with a passion for product counseling and music to serve as Lead Counsel, Music Product. This position will work closely with Music Licensing, Product, Engineering, Policy and Operations teams, as well as other legal department subgroups, to provide strategic and tactical counseling on integration of music within our family of apps, products and features. This role will tackle cutting-edge music and media issues on a global scale for Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Oculus, and affiliated companies and platforms. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and make an impact in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Advise a wide range of Product, Engineering and certain Operations teams on music rights and related issues, processes and policies to optimize integration and support for music content across our family of apps
- Develop understanding and expertise of our music license structures, product restrictions, obligations and relationships globally
- Function as a point person for products throughout the organization looking to integrate music
- Provide product knowledge and insight for colleagues on the Music Legal and Business Development teams
- In connection with certain proposed uses of music within products and/or features, analyze and document deal issues, legal and partnership risks, costs and benefits, and suggested courses of action
- Work with Product Business Development to appropriately advise and support global product teams
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team (notice/takedown, regulatory, corporate, privacy, etc.) to ensure business needs are met
More Jobs From