Lead Analyst, Storefront Trends
Wayfair Storefront Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair websites generate over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Storefront Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
As the senior technical leader for our Analytics team, your goal is to bring visibility to the performance of our international website and app customer metrics, and bring revolutionary scalable ideas to solve challenging technical problems. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of critical thinking, strong business intelligence capabilities, business acumen, and stakeholder management. This position is responsible for ensuring reliable tracking and data foundation, creating a robust and scalable reporting infrastructure, and being the expert on metric performance through automated anomaly detection, ad hoc investigations, and root cause analysis.
What You'll Do
- Own the strategic analytic agenda for metrics to unlock insights and guide the business.
- Work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, software engineering, data engineering, and the tracking team as well as marketing, pricing, and business trends.
- Design, build, and own the end-to-end data and reporting infrastructure for our current international countries and set the team up for easy, scalable growth in the near-term future.
- Proactively monitor customer behavior across multiple sites and apps (including specialty and international sites/apps) to identify potential issues, determine root causes, and resolve.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization.
- Be the go-to technical and analytical expert for tracking, reporting, and KPIs for junior analysts on the team.
- Provide leadership to corporate initiatives which requires the ability to work with executives and be a thought partner with the cross functional leadership team.
What You'll Need
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, economics, or other quantitative discipline; Masters preferred.
- 4+ years work experience in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to structure approach to solving business problems and root cause analysis (e.g., decision tree frameworks, pareto principle, etc).
- Expert at building scalable data and reporting infrastructure leveraging large data sets and data visualization best practices. Experience in GBQ, Looker a plus.
- Experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can add strong business value.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.