Office Tour Photos
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair websites generate over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Storefront Advanced Analytics & Insights team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems.
The B2B team is responsible for delivering a world-class experience to our professional customers across multiple industries, including Interior Design, Commercial Office, Contractor, Hospitality, Property Management, and Education. The B2B business has seen exciting transformations over the past few years and still has so much untapped potential as we grow towards the $100B+ opportunity in North America.
As the senior technical leader for B2B Storefront Analytics, your goal is to unlock insights and guide the business everything from tactical site optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience, strong technical capability, business strategy and stakeholder management, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in Wayfairs web data. This position is responsible for analyzing and making data-driven recommendations to improve the full funnel experience on Wayfair Professional.
This is an ideal opportunity for a high-performing individual contributor passionate about deepening their technical expertise, having increased responsibilities and impact on the businesss bottom line, and growing their career up the technical career ladder. The successful candidate will have excellent technical and analytical skills as well as the ability to present their data driven recommendations in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative design, marketing, and data science on your focus area.
- Own and develop the strategic analytic agenda across the full B2B funnel to unlock insights and guide the business.
- Bring your expertise in A/B testing to identify, design, execute, and analyze thoughtful tests to make high-impact changes to the Wayfair Professional site experience.
- A few example projects include a feature model of B2B checkout to understand which attributes are driving customers to convert vs distracting, identifying and executing on the right analytical approach to determine the optimal recommendation feature(s) to include on the product page, and a customer repeat purchase cycle analysis to inform marketing strategies and site features such as buy it again.
- Proactively monitor customer behavior on the B2B site to identify potential issues, determine root causes, and resolve. Also requires knowledge of the overall site for indexing, when appropriate.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization.
- Be the go-to technical and analytical expert for junior analysts on the team.
- Provide leadership to corporate initiatives which requires the ability to work with executives and be a thought partner with the cross functional leadership team.
What You'll Need
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, math, statistics, economics, or other quantitative discipline; Masters preferred.
- 5+ years work experience in relevant field.
- Expert with SQL or structured computer programming language.
- Expert at working with large and complex SQL databases.
- Expert at experimental test design including A/B testing; experience with multivariate and multi-armed bandit also preferred.
- Proficient with a statistical programming language such as Python, R, or SAS.
- Proficient with a data visualization software such as Looker, Google Data Studio, or Tableau.
- Proficient at understanding, using, and explaining statistical techniques.
- Proficient at managing cross-functional stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results.
- Demonstrated success influencing senior level stakeholders on strategic direction based on recommendations backed by in-depth analysis.
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add and setting the analytics roadmap.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliver against aggressive goals.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From