CreateMe is a research and development company at the intersection of automation, apparel, and customization driving on-demand manufacturing, at speed and scale. Were breaking down barriers through trailblazing, frictionless technology that provides an end-to-end solution that is set to revolutionize individualism.
Were based in New York Citys Soho neighborhood with a microfactory in Brooklyn and a manufacturing R&D lab in San Francisco's Dogpatch neighborhood.
About the Role:
Reporting into the Knitwear Post-Production Lead, you will be a critical member of the knitwear production, ensuring that all garments produced in the knitwear facility are prepared for our customers. As a Knitwear Post-Production Specialist, you will touch all aspects of the post-production process, from yarn tie-off and sewing labels all the way through to steaming, mending, and readying garments for shipment.
- Operate various industrial sewing machines to assemble pieces of garments by matching patterns and completing finished products (zip ups, joggers, sweaters, hoodies, t-shirts) on a production basis.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to standards.
- Finish products upon completion of whole garment knitting, including tying off yarn.
- Operate washing and drying machines following product specifications.
- Operate steaming machines to block, shrink, fold, stretch and/or shape knitted garments, remove wrinkles, and to finish off garments and accessories to conform to standard or original measurements.
- Provide routine service to machines, including lubrication and cleaning, and alert managers when machines need professional repair.
- Package finished garments and tag according to company guidelines so that they are ready for shipping.
- Inspect garments to detect defects and to make necessary repairs as required.
- Follow company safety rules, directions and procedures.
- Operare linking machines to attach garment pieces as they come off knitting machines.
- Gain cursory experience with Apex programing and operating knitting machines.
- Report production numbers on a daily basis.
- Able to effectively operate or learn how to operate various industrial sewing machines (Single, Double or Multi-Needle, Serger, automatic bar tacker, overlock, etc.).
- Well versed in working with various fabric blends, particularly with knits and woven garment types.
- Good understanding of quality, attention to detail to create a top quality finished product.
- Strong attention to detail that will help create a top quality finished product
- Works well on a team
- Ability to work on your feet for hours at a time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- College degree, ideally from a school specialized in fashion, apparel, or design or related experience in the knitwear manufacturing of related garments.
- Passion in making a career in the apparel manufacturing industry.
Working at CreateMe:
- Be rewarded for your innovation through our Inventor Award and Recognition program
- Save for the future with our 401(k) program + match
- Stay healthy and happy through our comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Take time away from the office through our generous Paid Time Off
- Learn and grow through formal and informal learning opportunities
At CreateMe Technologies, we value diversity and treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.