Office Tour Photos
**Please note this is a part-time position (two days per week) based on-site in our New York City office.
**This is an ideal role for someone currently in university, pursuing their Accounting degree!
Were passionate marketers, engineers and innovators building the technology to power the future of commerce. Were a B2B SaaS platform helping the worlds most interesting retailers and direct-to-consumer brands remove friction from the customer experience to deliver recurring revenue through subscriptions programs - shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships.
Recent studies show that 75% of direct-to-consumer retailers will offer subscription services by 2023. Ordergroove is a leader in the technology that will allow retailers to do this.
Want to be a part of it? Keep reading
Were hiring a part time Junior Accountant to join our Finance team. In this role, you will be critical in contributing to the timely completion of accounting functions including our monthly close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting requirements.
This is a hands-on position with a mix of accounting and operational duties. This role will be responsible for assisting in the day to day transaction processing and accounting, preparing account reconciliations in connection with the close process.
We are looking for someone who possesses strong organizational skills with a passion for details. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented and have an upbeat attitude, we would love to chat with you! As we are a startup, this position requires someone who is highly adaptable and comfortable with plenty of change.
What you will do:
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process (i.e. accruals, prepaids, fixed assets entries.)
- Assist with accounts payable
- Assist with billing and accounts receivable, ensuring timely payments from customers
- Assist external accounting firm with annual financial audit.
- Assist in preparation of bank and credit card monthly reconciliations
- Assist with other ad hoc requests (e.g., annual financial statement audit)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or currently pursuing one.
- 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, team-oriented.
- Strong problem solving skills, self-starter.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to manage time and competing tasks
Bonus points for:
- Some familiarity with accounting software such as: Quickbooks.
- Experience in a fast-growing startups in the SaaS space.
- Retail technology or e-commerce experience.
If you dont meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - thats okay, nobodys perfect! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
- Raised $40M from top notch investors
- Headquartered in the heart of NYC (with offices in Austin and Denver)
- Over 100 clients including The Honest Company, L'Oreal, Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart, PetSmart, GNC and Pepsi.
- Meet some of the team youll be working with: Sopie Johnson & Brendan McGovern
Were a close-knit team of passionate engineers, marketers and innovators whose mission is to help our clients become an indispensable part of their customers' lives through Relationship Commerce. Weve raised over $40M in venture capital and are planning to grow our team to 100 people over the next year!
Were proud to say weve consistently won the award for Best Companies to Work For in New York. Our collaborative culture celebrates independent thinking and curiosity. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our success. Company events include hackathons, wine tours, summer BBQs, trips to baseball games and game nights.
We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering great employee benefits including one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and meaningful stock option grants. Our New York HQ is minutes from all of the major subways and boasts a 6,000 square foot private outdoor terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan.
When you join the Ordergroove team you'll be surrounded by smart, fun people working to transform the business of commerce! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a company creating groundbreaking solutions, we invite you to learn more and apply!
At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.
More Jobs From