Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, heritage-breed pork, wild-caught Alaskan salmon and wild-caught sea scallops directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever.
We’re working to create a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another, and we are always looking for amazing people to join our mission!
About the Role
ButcherBox is growing rapidly, and we’re looking for a Jr. Copywriter to join our creative team. You'll work closely with copywriters, designers, and advertising channel owners to execute various forms of content. There will be plenty of chances to stretch your creativity with concepting opportunities.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer who wants to learn and grow, with no fear of asking questions. Your success will be guided by your ability to understand directions, prioritize tasks, and make pivots as needed.
- Write copy for a variety of projects to support ButcherBox marketing efforts: emails, ads, recipe/product descriptions, web copy, scripts, and more
- Collaborate with and support cross-functional teams, including organic social, editorial, paid ads, email, member experience, and more
- Contribute ideas for new projects that generate revenue and/or engagement
- Uphold an in-house style guide for copy and grammar
- Understand, abide by, and manage legal guidelines for marketing language and claims
- 1+ years of professional writing experience - experience with food writing is a plus
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Unmatched understanding of the ways words affect the human experience
- Agency/communications background is helpful
- Basic knowledge of the WordPress platform
- Ability to work well in both an independent and team environment
- Thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving workplace
Please submit work samples and/or a portfolio that demonstrates sharp writing, creative thinking and lots of potential.
- A very supportive team, a culture of "do your job" autonomy, and access to all levels of the organization
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Employee stock options
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Unlimited time off policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Free box of meat each month
- Free gym membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Jobs From