PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
For us, it's still early days a fast-growing, in-demand business and team, and the need to scale our Information Technology team that helps keep us quick and nimble while scaling our IT infrastructure to support our mission. At PathAI, we view IT as an enabler of our business and have invested significantly to build and grow the team with great support from the leadership team.
We're looking for an experienced Information Technology Systems Architect to join our growing IT team. This role will be reporting to the Director of IT & Security. Our IT team, which currently includes an IT Specialist and an IT Systems Support Analyst, builds, scales, and maintains the corporate IT infrastructure using technical tools and innovative processes to help make IT at PathAI easy, instant, and omnipresent. Above all, we take pride in providing exceptional customer service to all of our stakeholders. We believe in using the best tool for the job and, while were always looking to improve, tools and platforms used in this role include:
- Operating systems - e.g. Linux, MacOS, Windows
- Networking - e.g. Ubiquiti, Meraki, Juniper
- Cloud services - e.g. AWS, Google, Aptible
- Source code management and issue tracking - e.g. Gitlab, Jira, GitHub
- Secrets management - e.g. Hashicorp Vault
- IAC - e.g. Ansible, Troposphere, Terraform
If you're the right candidate for this hands-on role, you'll be part of the PathAI IT team in no time and be able to:
- Provide excellent in-person and remote customer service to stakeholders at PathAI.
- Lead the team in building and supporting resilient, innovative, and scalable network and server environments on-prem and in the cloud.
- Implement and administer backend IT infrastructure, including switches, wireless APs, VPN, and servers.
- Design, implement, and maintain complex IT infrastructure through code using tools like Ansible, Troposphere, and Terraform.
- Define and lead large-scale projects with detailed plans for execution while minimizing adverse impact to end-users.
- Mentor junior IT staff and serve as an escalation point for more complex IT support requests.
- Collaborate with the information security team on projects and security operations, including incident response, business continuity, and risk management.
- Routinely work alongside other technical teams, like SRE and Product Engineering, on organization-wide projects.
Our employees come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Experience. Youve had lots of exposure to different IT environments, typically via 10-15 years of work in this field.
- Entrepreneurship. You regularly collaborate with other teams, and you enjoy the challenge of independently scoping out and leading big projects doing whats necessary to get things done.
- Education. Generally, a bachelor's degree is really helpful in working with our team on this kind of work. But feel free to convince us if you're the exception.
- Problem-solving. Youre used to being seen as a technical leader and are comfortable solving thorny problems while effectively engaging junior colleagues in the process.
- An insatiable appetite for innovation and applying your technical skills in novel ways.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.