Cambridge Semantics, Inc. (CSI) is seeking a self-motivated IT System Administrator to address the Infrastructure and IT needs of the company. This is a hands-on role with high visibility empowered to set the future state IT strategy for the company. Ideal candidates will currently be working with similar tools and technology implemented in our IT infrastructure and experience with major cloud platforms including AWS, GCP and Azure, and will work collaboratively with Engineering and Field Engineering to continuously expand their skills with cutting edge technologies.
Anticipated division of labor will be 50/50 between IT Support responsibilities and System Administration activities.
- Continuous improvement of our internal infrastructure
- New hire and contractor onboarding (hardware provisioning and account set up)
- Administration of Linux, LDAP administration, Confluence and JIRA, G Suite (Corporate Gmail, calendar, etc.), corporate network and wifi
- Actively monitor our internal support desk
- Management of server and peripherals
- Ability to work closely with our engineering team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in IT in a corporate setting
- Excellent time management and ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent customer service and ability to support our internal and external customers effectively
- Proven ability to mitigate risks
- 5 years of experience with CentOS / RHEL. Ubuntu / Debian not necessary but a plus for desktop support.
- Bash and python scripting required. Familiarity with GCP and AWS SDKs a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian suite - Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket
- Must be familiar with basic principles of GCP and AWS. Azure not required, but a plus.
- Familiarity with Windows and OS X
- Familiarity with basic networking protocols and concepts (eg. know how to setup a firewall rule or diagnose a routing issue)
- ApacheDS / OpenLDAP. G Suite admin experience not required but ideal.
- Familiarity with automation technology, Ansible preferred.
- Flexibility to adapt to new technologies as required to troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of issues
About Cambridge Semantics:
Cambridge Semantics Inc. is an industry-leading semantic information management company. Semantic technology is revolutionizing data collaboration & content management within the enterprise and on the Web and is one of the most exciting technological innovations since the advent of the Internet. We are a high-energy, high-tech company that is experiencing rapid growth. Our team comprises some of the world's leading experts in Semantic Web technology.
More Jobs From