IT Support Technician
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about Making Work Matter. With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft Corporation is searching for an IT Support Technician. This position provides specialized technical support for clients through the Help Desk function, including troubleshooting and general computer support via telephone and email. The Help Desk function combines both operations and technical support for PCs and related hardware and software. This position requires 0-1 year experience and will work with the senior technicians allowing for professional growth and development.
- Support for software and hardware issues
- Respond to helpdesk support line and email queue
- Maintain Call Tracking Database
- Make-ready of equipment for new hires
- Schedule, ship and track equipment for repairs
- Network access involving DHCP, DNS and WINS at the desktop
- Software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, FAQs, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC Hardware, Software and Network issues from the helpdesk
- Manage user accounts
- Track hardware/software through Asset Management database
- Manage different systems for user access.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fluent with MS Windows operating systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013
- Basic networking skills and TCP/IP concepts
- Strong PC and printer troubleshooting skills
- Internet knowledge for accessing software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, FAQs,
- Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, and document problems
- Must have the ambition to learn and excel in a rapidly growing, fast-paced environment.
Education and Certifications
A+ Certification or Equivalent
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learners Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us. If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Jobs From