At Wasabi, we’re a proven collection of pioneers, visionaries and disruptive doers. We see things differently than our competitors, and we make our mark in the industry by challenging the norm and delivering the unexpected and improbable. We’re a fast-growing company taking the Cloud Storage industry by storm and recognized as one of the best places to work in Boston.
Wasabi hot cloud storage is a new class and category of cloud storage, breaking all traditional barriers and boundaries of storage with a disruptive value proposition of being 1/5th the cost of AWS S3, faster than the competition, with no fees for egress or API request and delivered as a single-tier solution. Cloud storage has never been so simple, so fast and so inexpensive. It’s all part of our vision to make cloud storage the next great global utility, just like electricity.
Role Description: IT Support Specialist
The IT Support Specialist is part of the Business Systems Team which is responsible for scaling our systems and processes to accommodate our exponential growth. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for supporting a wide range of activities including the administration of Wasabi’s various IT systems, cloud-based collaboration tools, and IT hardware assets (laptops, printers, etc.). The IT Support Specialist will work directly with end users and will support adoption & compliance of Wasabi’s IT systems through the creation of process documentation & training materials as well as providing in-person and remote IT support to end users and will ensure the security of company laptops and other hardware devices as well as software and related services.
The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day technology support needs of the organization and will also contribute to the implementation of strategic IT projects. This role will report to The Director of Business Systems.
- Provide IT support to 100-200 users in a mostly remote, global environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with IT software and hardware
- Manage tickets via the IT Help Desk and resolve issues in accordance with SLAs
- Own execution of the IT onboarding process for new employees
- Manage procurement and tracking of new laptops and IT equipment
- Ensure the security and compliance of all company laptops & devices
- Evaluate new technology solutions and support testing / implementation
- Create and maintain IT procedures and reports to support the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in an IT Support role
- Experience providing remote support to Windows, Mac and Linux users
- Experience with remote deployment & support technologies
- Experience supporting collaboration tools such as Gsuite, Office 365, Slack, Zoom
- Experience with Endpoint Protection software
- Knowledge of Information Security best practices
- Certifications preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with confidence to support technical users
- A “hands on” style and ability to wear multiple hats and juggle multiple priorities in a start-up environment