Come join a winning team! Here at Imprivata you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our virtual team-building events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking an IT Engineer - Network and Security to join our team.
The IT Engineer is responsible for participating in the design, deployment and support of the network and Security infrastructure. This position is responsible for being a technical implementer and escalation point for certain aspects of our IT technology as well collaborating with the broader team to evaluate current infrastructure and designing technology opportunities that will enable a customer to be successful. An ideal candidate will have experience with network related technologies and toolsets, such as LAN/WAN, L2 and L3 switch technologies, public and private cloud infrastructure, wireless solutions, SDWAN, VPN and firewalls, as well as an understanding of security concepts. Individual contributor with proven breadth and depth of technical expertise, who participates in creating and maintaining complex technology systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports day to day network operations and maintenance.
- Implement network related technologies such as switches, routers, firewalls, SDWAN, VPN, and SEIM technologies.
- Supports day-to-day security operations ranging from endpoint remediation to perimeter security.
- Participate on project teams designing advanced technologies to include management and maintenance of complex environments.
- Contributor in the evaluation and review of business technologies including suite of tools both in the cloud and on premise.
- Document concepts in technical or operational documents.
- Tier 1 & 2 level of escalation point from Service Desk.
- Solid resource for all of our offices and off-shore development teams as well as providing mid-level support to our software development teams
- Job requires evening and weekend work. Some travel to be expected. Includes participation in an on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or 4 years related professional technical experience.
- Comfortable managing devices via CLI as well as GUI.
- Analytical skills to assess and troubleshoot complex and nuanced systems.
- Understand LAN/WAN concepts on a fundamental level (e.g. VLAN, DHCP, ARP, OSPF, STP, RPVST, BGP, etc.)
- Experience with Fortinet and Checkpoint firewalls.
- Experience with deploying and securing infrastructure in Azure and AWS.
- Experience implementing and maintaining both wired and wireless NAC solutions. Aruba ClearPass experience a plus.
- Experience with network cloud management systems such as Arista Cloud Vision and Aruba Central a plus.
- Introductory experience implementing and supporting cloud-based security technologies.
- Basic Information Security Framework and Compliance knowledge (NIST, ISO, SOC2).
- Basic technical expertise with scripting languages and automation tools.
- Introductory analytical and strategic skills with some understanding of lifecycle management.
- Some experience writing technical documentation and policies.
- Solid interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening to requirements as well as solid verbal and documentation skills
- Reasonable relationship management and performance management skills
- Team player – someone who is as interested in other’s success as your own with a passion for providing world-class service.
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.