Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The IT Engineer will play a critical role in the Hosting department. Specifically, the IT Engineer will support the companys corporate IT infrastructure including all workstations, laptops (Mac and PC), mobile devices, telephony, servers, storage, network and other systems. This role requires a hands-on engineer who is up to date with current technologies and is continuously striving to increase their technology expertise.
- Support IT Help Desk function which services more than 800 end users
- Lead Help Desk and select IT Infrastructure projects for a 24/7 company
- Ensure timely resolution of open trouble tickets and change requests
- Manage after-hours and emergency maintenance as needed
- Provide uninterrupted service on all corporate IT resources, servers and systems
- Ability to quickly isolate issues and drive them to resolution
- Must have experience and hands-on expertise in the following areas
- MacOS & Windows 10 experience required
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 experience is strongly preferred
- Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Intune, SharePoint strongly preferred
- Experience with Linux OS is preferred
- Mobile Device Management (iPad, iPhone, Android) - Microsoft Intune preferred
- Endpoint Protection management - Sophos Central preferred
- Basic proficiency with networking protocols including TCP/IP, SSL, VPN, DNS, DHCP,etc.
- Follow engineering best practices and work both independently and as a contributor to a team
- Must be security conscious and use best practices in daily work
- Must have excellent communications skills and be presentable to executives and clients.
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience in a Help Desk environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows and Mac end-user issues.
- Ability to oversee projects from start to finish
- Ability to mentor junior team members on technical subjects and best practices
- Industry certifications from Microsoft (MCSE, MCSM, MCITP) are preferred.
- In compliance or able to work without requiring sponsorship
Should you join Amwell and the Hosting team, you can expect:
Amwells Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.
More Jobs From