Who we are:
binx health has the world’s fastest FDA-cleared molecular platform for CT/NG testing. We also have the broadest suite of offerings in at-home testing for large corporate partners for broadened access to STI and COVID-19 care. Our molecular point of care platform brings rapid, accurate and convenient infectious disease testing to people where they live, work and shop. Our at-home solutions offer front-end engagement, and end-to-end logistics in concert with our reference lab partners to offer partners “turn-key” answers for their infectious disease testing needs. Our solutions broaden access to care for millions and put proprietary testing solutions in the hands of clinicians everywhere, including in the ever-expanding footprint of retail health. Our suite of medical guideline driven, at-home testing solutions for STIs and COVID-19 are designed to reach the many who are unwilling or unable to visit a physical location.
We are looking for an experienced, strategic IT Director to help execute our business scale plans. This role will build our global IT function and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: establishing systems and process capable of enabling our workforce to perform their functions efficiently and have appropriate access to applications, systems and data; working with our data security advisors to protect our data, devices and users from accidents, exposure and threats; and supporting systems to facilitate effective communication and collaboration across the company.
- Leads and manages our UK and US managed service providers.
- Develop and implement a scalable IT strategy that helps a globally distributed fast-growing team navigate the competing needs to move quickly and flexibly while also keeping security top of mind
- Assess current IT capabilities and identify and implement scalable, secure and cost-effective solutions to support business strategy and execution.
- Oversee and actively monitor all corporate information technology solutions including telecommunications, internet, hardware and software, mobile device management, multi-factor authentication services, etc.
- Establish a process for the effective deployment and monitoring of IT equipment inventory.
- Ownership of technology aspects of all onboarding/offboarding. Developing and maintaining self-service provisioning and management, both locally and in the cloud.
- Develop, document and implement core IT support and disaster recovery and business continuity processes.
- Managing corporate helpdesk functions and information security
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining network and computing infrastructure, hardware and software, services, equipment and devices.
- Develop standards and operational procedures that support current and future operational needs
- Develop and implement departmental metrics and statistics in line with company level goals
Education, experience and demonstrated skills:
- 10+ years experience in IT domain, working with enterprise-grade tools and platforms. 4+ years’ experience in a management role overseeing IT operations and staff (global experience a plus)
- Skilled in PC and Mac platforms. Proven experience with Office 365 administration.
- Experience in ERP system deployment and oversight. Experience with SAP ByD a plus.
- Experience in implementing systems and internal controls processes
- Expertise handling external vendors, procurement, and budgets.
- Process-oriented, with strong project management skills: managing priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with multiple teams across the organization.
- Consistent track record of maturing and streamlining IT systems and processes (i.e. employee onboarding/offboarding, software/hardware provisioning, etc.)
- Experience implementing business continuity and disaster recovery programs.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and project/resource management skills
binx health, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer