Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we are building an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
Our mission is to make home ownership achievable. We live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
Engineering at Ribbon
Our vision is to be the software platform where people come together to transact on real estate with simplicity and certainty. We are building a team of passionate and talented engineers to come together to make this vision a reality.
At Ribbon we place a strong emphasis on start-to-finish ownership, communication & collaboration, and diversity & equity & inclusivity.
How you'll help make homeownership achievable:
- Build and shape our mobile/iOS apps which will become our key customer experience
- Work with world-class engineers to build an impactful product
- Understand customers to figure out what we should be building and how we should build it
Problems you'll solve
- How do we architect our app for performance and scalability?
- How do we enable the engineering team to build with velocity and quality? What tools and information can we provide junior and mid level engineers with to enable them to level up their peer reviewing skills?
- How do we use technology to create product breakthroughs in a space where so much of the process still happens offline?
- How do we scale our interview process and onboard new engineers quickly?
- How do we design our product features in a forward thinking way?
Impact you'll have
With influence across the engineering team, you will help us develop new standards that will allow us to reach new heights of technical excellence. You'll get to work with a strong team of mid level and senior engineers and contribute to the groundwork as we scale.
- Built world-class iOS apps in Swift
- Knowledge of mobile release and test engineering best-practices
- Understanding and focused on building high quality mobile UI experiences
- Some server-side experience, especially with Django for bonus points
- Understanding of security pitfalls in mobile applications
- Made significant technological decisions and stuck around to deal with the consequences
- Worked in an environment with fast iteration cycles, ideally with continuous integration
- Ability to rapidly prototype and knowing when to evolve prototypes to a production-ready state
What we're looking for:
- Product thinking - The ability to think about what were building from the customer point of view. To build the best products, the engineering team must empathize and build products with the customer in mind.
- Craftsmanship - You care about writing well-structured code and building great software. You understand the trade-offs when we have to move faster, but you prioritize writing clean code with the right abstractions.
- Mobile expert - You should be an expert at iOS and lead the technological decisions and client architecture. We expect you to lay the groundwork for future mobile development by other engineers.
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Fully paid parental leave
- Regular team lunches
- Health + wellness stipend
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon were not scared of differences. Its how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, weve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.