Jellyfish is on a mission to make engineering leaders lives better by elevating the practice of engineering management. With the help of our customers, we at Jellyfish have built the worlds leading Engineering Management Platform, providing visibility into engineering organizations, the work they do, and how they operate. By analyzing engineering signals and contextual business data, Jellyfish enables leaders to align engineering decisions with business initiatives and deliver the right software, efficiently, on time.
We started our journey in 2017 as a team of three with one big idea: Engineering is the core of modern business, so lets create a platform to manage it that way! Were a small team today, growing into a larger team over the coming months and years. Theres a lot of work to do, and wed love your help.
We are looking for someone to help us focus on getting better faster by improving our internal tooling, including our CI/CD pipeline, our quality frameworks, and our observability and monitoring tools. This is a programming role, but cloud infra (AWS) and devops experience is a plus. Mostly, we are looking for someone with a great attitude and a passion for tooling, scripting, and doing whatever it takes to help make our engineering team even better.
- You have experience building internal tooling or production software systems
- You are great at asking questions, figuring out what needs to be done, building consensus, and executing
- You love learning new things and teaching others what you know
- You are a strong programmer with some set of programming tools, even if they're not the ones we are using
- You have strong communication skills, and enjoy teamwork
Bonus points if:
- You bring strong skills with our technology stack (Python, Django, Postgres, AWS, Terraform, Circle CI)
- You have worked in a small startup before, and loved it
- You bring experience and opinions about the different ways engineering teams can work and the tools they use
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.