As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
The Internal Audit/Internal Controls Manager is responsible for developing, managing, tracking, and reporting on Dattos overall audit program (IA and SOX first 2-3 years will be all SOX to help Datto stand up their SOX program). Reporting directly to the Director of Internal Audit (with significant exposure to senior management throughout the organization), this individual will manage the execution of related audit programs including the Companys SOX compliance. This individual will manage the team of co-sourced resources on the execution of the audit program and work closely with external auditors to address information requests, track issues, and drive remediation strategies in connection with SOX compliance, and annual financial, operational and compliance audits.
- With help from co-sourced resources, manage the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of Dattos internal control framework (business process and IT applications), including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that Datto has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations
- Work with process owners to develop, maintain and review the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 documentation
- Assist in the documentation of internal control processes.
- Assist in the coordination and tracking of internal/external testing of controls and track the status of gaps and remediation actions.
- Assist in the remediation of deficiencies in internal controls (specifically with respect to the control environment).
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and audit committee
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective implementation of corrective action
- Actively seek standardization and automation, apply, and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment, and review procedures
- Drive the collection and delivery of information to auditors
- Assist in the preparation of the Summary of Control Deficiencies
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit with the development of the annual audit program
- Create audit programs for related items in the audit universe
- Partner with the financial and operational audit teams to aid in audit efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist in the Enterprise Risk Management efforts
- 7+ years of relevant SOX experience, accounting/auditing/internal controls experience
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm preferred
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Professional Designation: CPA, CIA, CISA and/or other relevant certification preferred
- Experience in implementing control frameworks from the ground up based on COSO framework
- Strong process analysis, risk and control identification, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships across multiple levels of management including communicate with external auditors/consultants
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in organizations that use cloud-based/SaaS business systems, build SaaS products, and use agile software development methodology preferred
- Ability and willingness to be hands-on and dive into details of processes and operations
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.