For Summer 2022
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will design, develop, test and enhance Markforgeds 3D printing software application features and its associated cloud services. You will learn and gain hands-on experience with web, cloud and IoT technologies & toolsets.
What have past Software Engineering Interns worked on?
- Eiger feature that automatically packs a print bed given a set of parts
- Printer feature that uses laser to intelligently recover from a power outage mid-print
- Prototype for a high-bandwidth IoT data pipeline using an AWS stack
- Construct models and use machine learning algorithms for improving print time estimates
- Build internal automation tools for developer and deployment convenience
What will you own?
- Work alongside full-time engineers on mission-critical projects that drive the product and the company forward.
- Ship code live to production on your very first day.
- Actively participate in team-wide code reviews and design discussions.
- Work across our entire software stack, from our web app for collaborative part design and interacting with the printers, to our browser-based slicer, to our embedded software running on the printers.
- Design, develop and produce quality software features for Markforgeds 3D Printing Software application-suite and support tools.
- Follow Markforgeds agile development methodology to execute projects successfully on-time.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Possess extraordinary software engineering talent.
- Eager to continuously learn and improve.
- Thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Passionate about 3D printing.
- Ability to work effectively in teams with technical and non-technical members.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field at an accredited educational institution.