The Interface Developer assists in the development and maintenance of inbound data interface processing for all clients for the Guiding Care application (or product).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in performing ETL (Extract, Transformation, & Load) processing for all inbound data from the client
- Build ETL transformations and mappings from a variety of data formats and structures into enterprise-scale databases.
- Schedule and monitor the data load processes.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize, multitask, meet deadlines, and coordinate schedules with others
- Strong documentation, process, and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of software development standards and best practices
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Document work tasks such as code and technical specifications
- Contribute to processing and maintaining SFTP functionality between client and company for inbound data
- Other work related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
On a limited basis, applies basic principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments. Work, still closely managed, involves limited problem solving, following standardized practices and procedures. Typically interfaces with Sr. Developers and Leaders in work group.
The Interface Developer is not a supervisory role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Healthcare Management or related field required
- 1-3 years demonstrated experience in building complex ETL transformations and mappings
- 1-3 years of experience in SQL Server
- 1-3 years’ experience with C# developing console applications
- 1+ years’ experience with Mongo DB and other NoSQL Database
- Proficient with Version Control Systems, bitbucket is a plus
- Experience of working in an Agile environment and the ability to provide technical knowledge
- Knowledgeable of cloud platforms, Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Must have experience with SDLC methodologies, best practices standards for creating User Stories, Business Requirements Documents, and Change Requests
- C# and MongoDB developer certification is preferred
- Knowledge of SDLC life cycle for delivering a product
- Analytical and problem-solving skills for maintaining a product
- Strong SQL query and analysis skills with experience writing complex SQL queries
- Experience and in depth knowledge in processing standard health care - EDI files (834, 837)
- Knowledge of Mongo DB and other NoSQL Database
- Ability to pay attention to details, clearly define business need and solution approach (standard configuration, workaround, or custom enhancement)
- Effective documentation skills
- Ability to analyze information effectively
- Follows schedules and meets established timelines
- Prioritizes and schedules work
- Successful at multitasking in a high-pressure environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard and extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
- The job will require up to 25% regional travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
This position is located at Altruista Health’s headquarter office in Reston, VA
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.