Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Systems Integration Engineer is a multidisciplinary role that develops, implements and supports multi-platform integration solutions in support of Toasts Business Systems and Enterprise strategic initiatives. The Systems Integration Engineer is an adept and creative technologist that will establish and support integration pipelines within Toasts Business Systems ecosystem, and will be responsible for fully utilizing these integrations to take platforms beyond standard functionality.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop new and legacy integrations across numerous platforms, using various integration technologies used at Toast.
- Design, develop, and maintain integration flows using an array of different platforms, APIs, databases, protocols and data formats. Develop integrations that are designed and implemented as reusable building blocks.
- Build scalable solutions to solve current and future integration challenges.
- Collaborate and review code with other developers to ensure each integration maintains a consistent level of technical standards as set by the team
- Create technical designs, sequence diagrams and other systems integration related documents. Document technical details clearly to various stakeholders of different technical levels.
- Assist with developing and automating application end-to-end or unit testing to ensure stability during continuous integration.
- Support the daily stability of Toasts integration ecosystem.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years hands-on development experience with integration technologies building integrations across various platforms.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Well versed in integration technologies REST, SOAP, ETL, etc..
- 2+ year or ETL experience
- Strong understanding of data manipulation and distribution
- Test Driven Development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent version control, QA skills and attention to detail
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications (Salesforce, NetSuite, RevPro, Workday, ServiceNow)
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.