PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and enabling precision medicine with digital pathology.
We're looking for experienced medical and clinical affairs professional to create, lead and execute the integrated evidence strategy for clinical product development at PathAI. The role requires cross functional collaboration both within the Medical team (Medical Affairs, Clinical Science, Regulatory, Clinical Operations) and across the broader PathAI organization (Product Team, Marketing, Scientific Programs). The role will drive PathAIs growth by leading the company in its goals of achieving broad adoption of first-in-class digital pathology and AI products, both in distributed form and through lab developed tests (LDTs). The right candidate will be a mission-driven, passionate individual with demonstrated expertise in evidence generation and a highly collaborative, agile mindset. They will contribute a deep understanding of medical and clinical trends and standards of care to critically assess what types of evidence data and information must be generated.
What youll do:
- For all key PathAI products, create, lead and execute a strategic evidence plan that integrates clinical validation, clinical utility and health economic evidence as part of a launch excellence philosophy. This includes selection of the most appropriate evidence generation activities that address identified evidence gaps, taking into consideration the relevant clinical and pathology practice environment for each product.
- Collaborate seamlessly with Clinical Science, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs and Clinical Operations teams to create the integrated evidence plan in a way that maximizes evidence quality, impact and clinical trial synergies while minimizing redundancy and evidence gaps.
- Partner with other functional areas across PathAI such as the Product and Marketing teams to align on clear and compelling value messaging as an input to the evidence and clinical study planning process.
- Align internally and with senior leadership to secure evidence plan endorsement and share the results of evidence generation efforts.
- Participate in interactions with external advisors, key opinion leaders, regulatory agencies, public and private payers and other stakeholders to validate and iterate evidence plans and strategies in the context of current medical, clinical, regulatory and reimbursement trends.
What youll need:
- Doctoral level degree in a relevant discipline and focus area, MD pathologist prefered
- 10+ years relevant experience in diagnostics, pharma, or digital pathology/AI
- In-depth knowledge of pathology and laboratory medicine including the histopathologic diagnostic process, pathologist workflow and current challenges/opportunities in routine pathology practice.
- In-depth experience and familiarity with the product development process and the role of medical and clinical affairs to design studies to generate clinical validation, clinical utility and health economic evidence.
- Strong knowledge of medical device regulations including the types of data and evidence required to support device clearance and adoption.
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication, data presentation, and visualization skills.
- Comfort working with industry, academic, and regulatory leaders.
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.