Chewy is looking for a Instructional Designer to join our Corporate Learning & Development Team. The ideal candidate will be an individual contributor primarily responsible for designing and developing highly impactful learning solutions. You will design and develop blended learning curricula, learning courses and performance support tools to support an enterprise-wide audience at Chewy.
What Youll Do:
- Design, build and deliver as needed instructionally sound (ADDIE; AGILE) courses, programs and other educational resources (video; ILT, web course, virtual) that result in the development of skills and abilities
- Develop course outlines and all course related documentation through out the design/development phases
- Apply effective learning methodologies to analyze and evaluate the integrity and audience appropriateness of instructional approach, materials and intended delivery methodology
- Support in the learning assessments, project scoping and design of the learning experience to ensure the best methods for delivering engaging, impactful training
- Design engaging learning activities that aligns with Chewy goals, operating principles and competencies
- Design curriculum for face-to-face and virtual learning sessions using creative, innovative, and evidence-based approaches; develop storyboards for e-learning and videos
- Develop dynamic, experiential learning session designs, including macro designs based on content, and training scripts
- Produce best-in-class blended learning materials, including print, web-based courseware, gamification, micro-learning, social, etc.
- Facilitate (ILT, webinars, VILT, etc.) learning solutions
- Utilize virtual and web-based solutions (tools; resources) fostering the development of online based learning programs. (Storyline, RISE, etc.)
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to bring expertise to design, develop and implement courses and other instructional resources.
- Employ assessment and evaluative instruments ensuring the measurement of impact using industry standard criteria such as the Kirkpatrick Model
- Evaluate and analyze participant feedback and key metrics within a specific program or content areas to measure the effectiveness of deliverables in meeting business goals; make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Position may require travel (up to 25%)
What Youll Need:
- 4+ years of professional instructional design and learning strategy experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Captivate, InDesign, Photoshop
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Proficient in Learning Management Systems administration
- Bachelors Degree in Instructional Design, Business, Education, Communications or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work and communicate constructively with all levels of the organization (Department leaders, managers, individual contributors, CS/FC peers)
- High attention to detail
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritization
- Proven initiative, positive attitude, team-oriented, self-motivated and highly enthusiastic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain focus on key priorities despite conflicting demands
- Masters degree in Arts/Sciences (MA/MS) Human Resources, Instructional Design/Technology or related field preferred
- Expeirence with innovative design modalities, e.g., AR/VR, worfklow learning tools, vyond, mobile, etc.
- Certifications in leadership and facilitation of development programs (DDI preferred), leadership assessments, Change Management, and/or OD are all strongly preferred
- Previous experience in fast paced, corporate and/or customer driven service-oriented industry