Full-time - Boston, MA or Remote (US)
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is an international start-up thats growing fast. We love what we do, were proud of how we do it, and weve teamed up to create a truly exceptional product and company. BlueConic is a disruptive technology in the industry and its our job to make sure every marketer knows it. Are you the type of person that wants to set the bar for achievement at a fast-growing start-up in one of the hottest SaaS markets? Does getting in on the ground floor and helping drive the companys early success get you excited? Are you motivated by playing a critical role in building the future of the company?
We've got a job for you.
Setting our customers up to succeed is important to us. As a BlueConic Instructional Designer you are responsible for designing and developing enablement content, including: training videos, e-Learning courses, articles, and other materials for our customers and partners. Our customers are market leaders in publishing, retail, hospitality, and financial services and they rely on BlueConic to drive their most important business initiatives. We need to help enable them to do that.
Since training is essential for enabling our customers, you must have a true passion for continuous learning and a dedication to finding and creating best practices. The ideal candidate will be comfortable collaborating across multiple teams and multiple platforms to ensure that our customers needs are met, and that content is of the highest quality.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop, and iterate on highly polished, eLearning content, training videos, slide decks, certification assessments, and other learning programs related to platform, strategy and customer success
- Develop and lead online trainings or workshops for customers, prospects and internal stakeholders
- Write and edit help content, including help center articles
- Collaborate effectively across BlueConic teams to communicate and deliver on unique customer needs
- Create learning experiences in different formats, using/working within the constraints of different templates and tools
- Review/edit others content for clarity and provide feedback
- Update and maintain content at frequent intervals
- Independently manage multiple training programs through various stages of creation
- 2-5 years of related experience preferred, customer-facing education experience a plus
- Knowledge of Instructional Design best practices and demonstrated ability to design learning content that is effective
- Excellence in instructional/learning experience design and visual design skills
- Ability to analyze existing content for its instructional value.
- Ability to communicate abstract or technical information to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Ability to identify the best learning delivery formats for a specific set of learning goals
- Attention to design aesthetics and visual detail. Graphic or visual design experience a plus.
- Ability to scope and manage the day-to-day work of projects independently
- Experience with Screenflow, Camtasia, Adobe Captivate, and other continuous learning development tools
- Ability to learn quickly and take on challenging or ambiguous new projects with enthusiasm
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Creativity and a willingness to try new things
It will set you apart from the pack if you have:
- Worked for or with MarTech companies in the past
- Experience in a tech startup environment
Reasons to join us:
- Help build the best company in marketing technology, period.
- Be part of a fast-growing team in downtown Boston with offices in the Netherlands.
- Work with big name brands to achieve their marketing goals.
- Join early and help shape this function as it expands and grows with customer demand.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers havent been able to solve for years. Were headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 300 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions. Our mission is to make on out-sized impact, every day for customers, for partners, for employees.
To join the BlueCrew is to:
- Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
- Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
- Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
- Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
- Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
- Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
- Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
- Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, especially when sharing externally, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.