Pivotal’s Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
We are looking for a high-energy, software sales professional who will identify and bring to closure Pivotal Cloud Foundry product and service opportunities. You are expected to generate net new business as well as for maintaining and growing relationships with existing accounts. You are responsible for the overall health and sales performance of the territory of defined accounts.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagement.
Interacting with Regional Directors and Sales Executives, you will be driving the digital transformation strategy with market leading enterprise customers.
- Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) and clearly communicate the value proposition
- Develop/execute territory account plans to achieve/exceed quarterly responsibility
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire business development cycle and pass-off effectively to the outside account executive
- Consistently build and deliver an accurate pipeline via Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Able to develop strong relationships with key decision makers, influencers and partners within identified territory
Required Skills / Experiences
- Successful business development experience- enterprise technology and solutions focused
- Successful track record of pre sales activities promoting enterprise solutions
- Ability to establish relationships with C-level clients, business and technical buyers, and key project stakeholders.
- Successfully sell the business value vs. product is key
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit or worked in a fluid (start- up) environment
- Experience working with a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include field AEs, SE’s, Marketing, Services, etc.
- Bachelors degree required
- Pre-Selling one or more of the following products a plus but not required: Middleware, Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and or Hadoop
- Team player, self motivated,articulate and able to take ownership on the assigned task(s)
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.