The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Note: This person can be located anywhere in the Northeast.
EDB seeks a Commercial Account Executive to focus on developing and closing new business. Whomever fills this role will manage an especially lucrative east coast territory. If you have fire in the belly, a proven ability to account plan, and experience in an inside sales position, we want to talk to you!
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Dig deep to understand customer needs, pain points, and requirements
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Meet and exceed quarterly quotas (assuming youd like to tap into excellent accelerators!)
- Research accounts, identify key decision makers, and generate interest in EDB
- Maintain and expand database of prospects within assigned territory
- Collaborate with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience
- Proven inside sales experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com, ZoomInfo, and other marketing tools preferred
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
- A willingness to travel as needed (post-COVID) - up to 50% but likely less
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.