Founded in 2004, NetBrain is the leader in transforming network operations through automation. Its ground-breaking automation platform leverages the power of dynamic maps to provide CIOs and network teams with end-to-end network visibility while enabling adaptive automation across the organization’s physical, virtual and software-defined networks. Today, over 2,300 of the world’s largest enterprises and managed services providers leverage NetBrain’s platform to automate network documentation, troubleshooting, and change management.
“NetBrain’s success is due to our people, and over the years, we have been fortunate to attract top talent because of our unique culture and exciting mission to transform the network management industry.” - Lingping Gao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NetBrain
What We Need
NetBrain Technologies is seeking an Information Security Co-op to join our team. This Co-op participates on a small team to manage information security solutions, processes and policy.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week) M-F positio
The Impact You’ll Make
At NetBrain Technologies, the security of our customers come first, and the Product Security and Security Event Response teams are at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way IT and Cyber-Security professionals think about, visualize, and interact with their network infrastructure, and bring automation to these area’s to help these teams gain new insights and establish better control over their infrastructure. We're networking infrastructure experts: protecting our customer’s privacy and ensuring their security. There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems.
NetBrain Technologies is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges. At NetBrain Technologies, engineers not only revolutionize network automation, they routinely work on bringing state of the art security features to our customers that make our products as valuable in the SOC as it is in the NOC.
What You’ll Do
Our Security teams work to create and maintain the safest operating environment for NetBrain Technologies' users and developers.
As a Security Engineer Intern, you will:
- Help protect our product through working with dev teams in areas like SCA, SAST and DAST
- Help our engineers to hardened our product against attacks and provide security incident analysis and response.
- Work with a broad range of sources actively monitoring information feeds for new threats.
- Focus on the investigation and research side and work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
- Build tools, scripts and other automation to help our project teams achieve maximum impact with minimal effort.
Who You Are
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's (or Master’s) degree in Computer Science, with a focus in Information Security, or Penetration Testing.
- Available for 4-6 months plus starting ASAP
- Familiar with Jenkins, MSBUILD, maven, and other build automation tools from a perspective of integrating additional tools (SonarQube scanning specifically)
- Experience with cyber-attack vectors and mitigation methods
- Familiar with OWASP top 10, and basic understanding of CVSS, and knowledge or at least none of the following: NVD, CVE, MITRE, Carnegie Mellon CERT, CWE
- Additional experience in two or more of the following a plus: network protocols and secure network design, operating system internals and hardening (e.g., Windows, Linux), web application and browser security, security assessments and penetration testing, authentication and access control, applied cryptography and security protocols, security monitoring and intrusion detection, incident response and forensics, development of security tools, automation or framework
- Excellent Communications skills, and desire to stay current on a daily basic with new threats, vulnerabilities, and data breaches on a daily basis, that hold a potential impact for NetBrain Technologies.
- Capable of working in a collaborative project, while researching specific solutions, and working independently on occasion.
- Authorization to work in Canada or US depending
- Ability to work at least 32 – 40 hours per week