Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving an $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, financial services disruptors like E-Trade, Schwab, and Robinhood have unlocked access to the stock market, minting a new generation of self-service investors. Yet we at Mynd believe that real estate remains the most powerful tool for building generational wealth.
Were on a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments by offering best-in-class property management services and making SFRs as accessible and effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Plus, many potential investors dont want to invest in real estate in their geographic area or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets. Through localized operations in 25 markets across the US, and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, rent, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100% remotely.
Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Weve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, McKinsey, Shift, Better, BCG, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, and Facebook. Were backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, and Jackson Square, and just announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country. Most importantly, were a kind and fun team of innovators who truly enjoy ushering in a new generation of real estate investors.
About the Role:
The Director of Information Technology Operations directs departmental management activities centered on infrastructure and operations. This position contributes to developing, implementing, and managing operational plans. It is a hands-on, supervisory position that includes recommending new technology solutions, automation, and integration consistent with the overall IT Strategic Plan. The Director of Information Technology Operations is accountable for meeting infrastructure uptime SLAs and overseeing the proactive monitoring and maintenance of server, network, and cloud infrastructure. The Director of Information Technology Operations will be part of the team responsible for meeting Mynds technology needs as we grow, making recommendations for continuous improvement, and managing the implementation of new solutions.
As a tech-enabled operations-focused company, we are building the operating system for the future of the small residential industry. Given our rapid national expansion, IT is critical to the success of the firm. We believe in leveraging latest-generation technology in our IT infrastructure.
- Direct the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology Operations Team.
- Work with internal business partners and other stakeholders to manage projects through the entire development lifecycle.
- Communicate clearly with peers as well as management and provide technical leadership.
- Provide updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via telepresence, email or in-person communication.
- Coordinate activities with the other technology teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA / BS degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience in an Information Technology Operations role
- Strong understanding of Zero-Trust, Zero-Touch, and BYO architectural frameworks
- Significant expertise with Google Workspace, Microsoft Azure, Okta, Atlassian, and Apple Business ecosystems
- Experience implementing Configuration-as-Code change management processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong analytical abilities
- Experience automating processes and operating at scale
- Some travel required
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an A Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.