If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 265(and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas to the table at Takeoff. Secondly, we value diverse perspectives and are fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where each and every employee can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Our Operational Excellence team is at the tip of the spear optimizing our MFCs. This group focuses on deep learning and optimization around MFC processes to both optimize installations and bring cutting edge insights back to the broader Takeoff team. If you are looking for an opportunity to define and optimize a product (MFCs) that are re-shaping an industry, then this is a role for you.
We are looking to hire a highly qualified and motivated individual to grow our Operational Excellence capability to meaningfully shape Takeoffs operational toolkit and on-site strategy. This role will be responsible for designing and leading controlled test and learn efforts, scoping and executing on data-driven analytics, documenting key insights and communicating effectively with client and internal teams to share learnings. This is a high visibility role that will require strong partnership across our organization and with clients.
Please note that while we are remote at the moment, this role will require 50-70% travel to our Microfulfillment Centers located throughout the US. Depending on you're location, you may spend a week or two at one site.
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Partner with our product and engineering teams to help scope potential improvements or conduct test-and-learn experiments to refine opportunities
- Identify and scope opportunities for improving operational processes on site and process mapping exercises, considering the interaction of human and automation functions
- Create and deploy change management plans, SOPs, guides, and tools to ensure all sites are advancing towards the most up to date best in class performance and drive end-user training
- Design and execute on necessary analytics and experiments to develop business cases for change and effectively communicate with client and internal stakeholders
The experience that you will bring to the table:
- 3+ years of relevant continuous improvement / supply chain experience is required
- BS required
- Understanding of warehouse fulfillment operations and logistics, experience with hardware and software products
- Experience working within standard continuous improvement frameworks and projects
- Executive presence, flexibility and proven ability to shift priorities on the fly
- Willingness to travel 70-80% of the time
- Strong problem solving, data analytics, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience identifying, leading & implementing new processes to help increase overall operational efficiency & eliminate any bottlenecks or current gaps
- Low ego, collaborative, direct, and impact oriented
The reasons you will love working at Takeoff(to name a few!):
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Top salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.