Wayfair is seeking a Senior Associate to support its growing tax organization. This is a key role within the tax team, which will support the indirect tax compliance process, tax data management, and coordinating with cross-functional teams and external auditors. The ideal candidate can demonstrate a thorough knowledge of US & Canadian sales tax compliance, the ability to leverage technology for efficiency, and strong communication and critical thinking skills.
- Own the U.S. / CAN indirect tax process, including the indirect tax filing calendar, preparation of workpapers, return filing, payments, and completing new registrations as needed
- Serve as a subject matter expert on indirect tax to stakeholder teams within the company, and to our external business partners and customers
- Coordinate both incoming and outgoing exemption certificates
- Assist with audit defense for U.S. sales tax, property tax, and Canadian transaction taxes
- Reconciliations of general ledger tax accounts, and preparation of indirect tax journal entries where required
- Coordinate with third-party providers on property tax compliance
- Receiving, prioritizing, and responding to tax notices
- Assist the Income Tax team with certain direct tax matters, particularly on strategic projects involving both indirect and direct tax
- Research and advise on nexus and product taxability in new markets both domestic and international
- Strong interest in indirect tax
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 3+ years experience working in tax, either with an accounting or consulting firm or in-house
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel, and with G-Suite applications
- Knowledge of transaction tax technology (OneSOURCE, O-Series, Avalara) is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.