Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 140 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Implementation Manager will interface with Health Plan clients, as well as internal sales, technology, product, and marketing organizations. Specifically, the Implementation Manager will be responsible for driving a successful implementation of the Amwell telehealth platform, which meets specified objectives and requirements set by the client, and positioning the client for success with its telehealth service.
- Serves as an expert in all aspects of the Amwell platform
- During the initial client implementation, serves as the primary client contact and managing all aspects of the implementation project. Coordinates with internal technical, QA, marketing, and visual design teams to ensure delivery according to the agreed upon scope and schedule
- Manages client expectations by building relationships, communicating project status and open issues, preparing reports, managing change, and facilitating weekly meetings
- Provides functional and technical guidance to the clients project team relative to workflow and solutions design
- Manages the overall requirements process to ensure the platform is configured to meet the clients needs
- Facilitates training sessions for the clients project and operational teams, and end users of the platform, specific to each clients business model
- Communicates project status with team members and and senior business stakeholders
- Utilizes sound judgment in assessing project health; identifying, mitigating and resolving project issues and risks to ensure on-time project delivery
- Provides ongoing support and management of new business initiatives, software upgrades, and enhancements
- Partners with the Account Director to support client account growth and drive ongoing project activities in support of the clients strategic objectives
- Contributes to continuous process improvements within the Professional Services organization
- 4-6 years of project management and/or consulting experience
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple large projects in a technical and cross-functional environment, leading clients and team members through complex system implementations with aggressive delivery deadlines
- Exceptional communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Proven history of managing project teams to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates)
- Ability to utilize effective communication skills to mitigate project risk
- Proven experience managing project scope and schedule
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desired
- Flexibility to travel up to 30% (overnight)
Should you join Amwell and the Professional Services team, you can expect:
Work hard play hard is definitely the mentality of the Professional Services team. We are the movers and the shakers in the Amwell pyramid. Tasked with advancing client goals, workflows, and overall experience, thinking outside of the box is the only consistency each day on the Professional Services Team!
Comprised of five key areas of focus - Health Systems, Health Plans, Employers, Strategic Accounts, and a Project Management Office - this poised, articulate and fast-paced team is the driving force between our clients and Amwell's revolutionary technology. Each specialized area within the Professional Services team has a common goal of managing an effortless and efficient user experience from behind the scenes; this team bridges the gap between the wants and needs of each unique client, putting them into action.
Telehealth is a new, exciting and evolving technology, changing the healthcare world. If you are passionate about healthcare, and would like to be surrounded by energetic, innovative team members. We cant wait to meet you!
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans