Immuta is the universal cloud data access control platform, enabling data teams to automate data access control on any cloud, using any data platform, at scale. With Immuta, organizations can finally unlock the full value of their data even the most sensitive data while improving productivity, reducing time to data, maintaining strong security, and enabling new data sharing use cases.
Since our founding in 2015, Immuta has now become the leader in cloud data access control. That comes by applying our expertise in engineering, security, ethics, and law. But, more importantly, it requires a relentless focus on our customers needs. Immutas customers understand that data is the most critical asset for innovation. Secure, democratized, self-service access to cloud-based data is an imperative to accelerate business intelligence, data science, and data sharing outcomes.
- Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies
- Customers include Aon, Credit Suisse, Daimler, S&P Global, U.S. Army, and Atlassian. Over half of the top banks now use Immuta
- Partners include Databricks, Snowflake, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst
- $169 million in total venture capital funding. Investors include Greenspring Associates, March Capital, Ten Eleven Ventures, Intel Capital Corporation, NGP Capital, DFJ Growth, Dell Technologies Capital, Citi Ventures, Inc, Wipro Ventures, and Okta Ventures
- Major offices in Boston, Massachusetts; Columbus, Ohio; and, College Park, Maryland
Immuta Scholars Program
Immuta is committed to fostering relationships with universities and research institutes, in both the legal academy and in computer science, mathematics and other departments central to the legal and ethical use of data. To promote such relationships, and to ensure Immutas own experts contribute to and learn from ongoing research efforts, we host the Immuta Scholars program, a research effort designed to facilitate cutting edge research at the intersection of technology and the law.
Immuta Scholars come from faculties, think tanks, postdoctoral research programs and graduate student bodies. Our only requirement is a passion for law and technology, and a commitment to our valuesthe legal and ethical use of data. We have hosted Immuta Scholars for single or multiple terms, typically aligned to the academic semester. Past Scholars have come from institutions such as Yale Law School and the University of Chicago.
Examples of Active Research
Past Immuta Scholars have focused their research on, among other topics:
- Formal methods for representing privacy policies in logical, machine-executable form (including semantic- and object-oriented approaches).
- A literature review of legal requirements and associated best practices related to transparency in data processing.
- Research on emerging legal requirements relating to data privacy and security for edge- and cloud-based computing.
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums and deductibles for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.