We are seeking a Camera Sensor Expert in the Perception-Prediction Team with deep background knowledge in automotive cameras and its applications to autonomous vehicles. The ideal candidate is required to have solid understanding of camera hardware capabilities, raw data, post/pre data processing techniques to use in perception and machine learning algorithms. In this role, you will be working closely with the component engineering team and vendors to own hardware acceptance tests, driving requirements and tunings for hardware and ISP to maximize perception algorithms performance.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Own camera hardware algorithm tuning to maximize software performance.
- Tune and set various parameters in ISP, dynamic range, exposure, etc.
- Assess image quality, flag ISP issues, work with vendors to fix the issues.
- Drive hardware facing requirements, ensuring acceptance tests via well-structured test designs, plans, and test cases by working with cross teams.
- Be responsible for redefining what cameras can do and pushing the boundaries of our perception stack's performance and safety.
What We're Looking For
- Experience in various FOV (middle, narrow, fisheye) automotive cameras and its artifacts (rolling shutter effects, stray light, etc.)
- Experience with various settings and tunings ISP, dynamic range, exposure, etc.
- Experience in developing and ensuring acceptance test or vehicle integration for cameras
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in objective image quality measurement and testing.
- Ability to analyze results of benchmarks, road, and regression tests
- Knowledge of usage of camera in detection and tracking algorithms
- Knowledge of Python or C++
- Ph.D or Masters in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or a related field with 3+ years of relevant experience
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience designing and training neural networks using cameras for object detection or tracking