Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulips cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator.
Were looking for an Industrial Internet of Things Engineer to help build out the connected library of the Tulip platform: define best practice, develop a pipeline, a testing framework, and deliver integrations in collaboration with our Edge Engineering Team. Your objective is to fill the Tulip Library with devices (torque drivers, scales, PH meters), machines (CNCs, Injection Molders, PLCs), and systems (ERP, MES, WMS) in a scalable, sustainable way. You will play a massive part in enabling our customers to easily adopt the Tulip platform.
- You like to solve problems and build processes.
- You are eager to figure out why things are broken and turn your learnings into improved processes.
- People tend to describe you as a hard worker, but you would say any job thats worth doing is worth doing well, because you care.
- You are curious and excited to learn about new and old technologies powering a modern factory.
- You are a good communicator and able to speak full-stack from engineers to c-suite. You are able to google your way out of most problems, and understand that every customer sees the world a bit differently.
What skills do I need?
- Experienced in developing or deploying IIOT systems into production environments
- Familiarity with modern messaging protocols and their tradeoffs (MQTT, Kafka)
- Fluency in SQL, RESTful API and at least one programming language (Node Red is a plus)
- Familiarity with iPaaS and middleware design paradigms, trade offs
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Working well as an individual or as part of a team.
- Fluent in English
- Own strategy for connection of Tulip to external systems, devices, and machines
- Create a delivery engine for adding new integrations to the Tulip platform
- Work with external vendors and partners to define requirements for integration
- Work with our engineering and product team to scope new features
- Own and drive multiple projects to completion with customers, internal teams, and third parties
- Develop processes around pre-sales and deployment, while maintaining knowledge in an internal repository
Edge Engineering, Customer Services, Product
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you dont match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
Were building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.