WHO WE ARE
New to the market, fast growing, incredibly innovative, and already recognized as one of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work, Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR) rowing machine that delivers on-water experiences at home with workouts led by world-class athletes. Engaging twice as many muscles as cycling (86%, in fact), Hydrows interactive technology delivers challenging virtual workouts, including On the Mat offerings like Yoga (Strength, Mobility) and Pilates from gorgeous locations around the world.
Hydrow connects members with an entire community of fellow rowers who experience the rivers and waterways of the world together in synchrony. You, too, can be part of that community. At Hydrow, youll have the chance to shape a company that is disrupting the fitness industry while creating engaging content unmatched in the marketplace today. Sound exciting? Thats because it is!
Hydrow is a distributed company enabling our employees to find a work mode that is best for them! Prefer an office to work from home or remote instead? Not a problem, we are committed to supporting our employee's flexible working environments.
We are looking for passionate remote fitness coaches with extensive experience teaching the rowing stroke in group and 1:1 settings. Your clients rave about your technical abilities, your deep training knowledge, and your awesome and outgoing personality!
You have experience enacting detailed curriculums, correcting movement faults quickly and accurately, creating individualized rowing programming, and getting results for your clients in a short period of time.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Working with our Members remotely via video, onboarding them with Hydrow, refining their on-Hydrow rowing technique, and establishing the next steps in their Hydrow journey.
- Fostering a strong sense of connection to the Hydrow community while educating and enlightening Members on good rowing technique and fitness level-appropriate training schedules
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience as a fitness instructor, solid rowing technique preferred
- A national-level certification in Personal or Group Training from a recognized, nationally-accredited body such as NASM, ACE, CrossFit, or the NSCA
- Experience teaching indoor rowing
- Availability to work 15 or more hours per week in peak training times (early- to mid-mornings; after regular business hours); availability for an additional 5 hours of intra-team training and feedback per week
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Tons of experience teaching indoor rowing AND experience in other modalities such as strength training, body weight training, functional movement, and endurance training.
- Even better if you have experience with virtual coaching and remote coaching platforms.
- Experience rowing on-water, competitively or recreationally
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of New Business
ABOUT HYDROW, INC.
Hydrow is a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate individual differences and recognize that unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and more successful. Hydrow actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
By submitting your application, you agree that Hydrow may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Hydrow's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Hydrow's use of your personal information.