ARE YOU INTERESTED IN JOINING A HYPER-GROWTH LOGISTICS TECH COMPANY?
Do you have experience driving engagement by creating mind-blowing employee experiences at growing companies?
Do you believe in game-changing innovations and are excited about reimagining an 800 billion dollar industry?
Do you want to work in an HR team where youre treated like an adult but have fun like a kid?
If so, nice to meet you! We are Loadsmart and we have recently created a new Human Resources Generalist position to help us optimize top talent at our growing company (we grew from 150 to 450 in the last 18 months) with a recent Series C of $90M. We are seeking an innovative, team-oriented, and motivated Human Resources Generalist who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced global company. This critical, individual contributor role will partner with our People team to help design and build an amazing employee experience model for Loadsmart US employees. This critical role will focus on being the champion of the employee experience and culture.
REPORTING TO: Catalina Palau, our amazing Director, People
LOCATION: Our beautiful Chicago offices; ideally you would want to go into the office at least 3 days a week as a majority of the team you support will be on-site here.
What you get to do:
- Welcome all new US Loadies by ensuring that from the moment the new Loadie accepts the job offer they feel part of Loadsmart. Cultivate a culture of belonging, excitement and connected to Loadsmarts mission, vision and values.
- Manage and continuously improve Loadies engagement programs and strategies, creatively work towards building an environment that attracts and retains talent.
- Build and identify employee recognition programs that celebrate Loadies impacts in our fast-paced, high growth company culture. Plan social events to increase our culture of recognition for in-office and remote Loadies.
- Create and own key people processes and policies, such as the employee handbook, support and coordinate company training, employee relations needs, exit interviews, investigations, etc.
- With a customer driven mentality, you are the point of contact to our Loadies, be able to answer any HR-related questions such as benefits, systems, payroll.
You have experience:
- In HR roles at a growing company that leverage your people-centric mindset, with a passion for building a strong culture and enhancing the employee experience.
- Organizing and planning events (both onsite and offsite) with a flair for creativity and strong attention to detail
- Presenting in front of large groups (both in-person and via video calls)
- Creating and organizing recognition programs
- Knowledge of and commitment to HR best practices in employee retention, benefits management, conflict resolution, program implementation and employment law (including but not limited to ADA, FLSA, and FMLA)
Your colleagues would describe you as:
- A superstar whos known for their empathy and self-awareness, ability to effectively collaborate and influence employees at all levels of the organization. You have the interest and ability to pivot across varied projects and opportunities
- Being the person who loves to throw parties and events to bring people together
- Type-A, super organized who thinks through every detail and executes plans flawlessly
- A self-starter, innovative, problem-solving and team-oriented
- Possessing a growth mindset, sense of curiosity and strong problem solving skills; you are constantly learning about emerging market trends to identify potential opportunities and gaps
- Tech-savvy including the ability to leverage (learn, if necessary) collaboration tools including Google Suite and Slack as well as navigate core HR Systems (Bamboo, Lever)
WORKING AT LOADSMART
Competitive base salaries - we believe in rewarding top talent
Extremely competitive Equity package
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
Commuter benefits and membership with DIVVY bike
10 Paid holidays, plus 15 days of accrued PTO for a total of 25 paid days off per year
Lots of employee engagement activities both offsite and onsite; if youre in Chicago expect to have an amazing time as we reopen our offices
An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 450+ Loadies united by our core value of Teamwork
Regular recognition, feedback, and transparency across all levels
Opportunities for you to join our community service initiatives
At Loadsmart, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Loadsmart treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes, including on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability.