Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving an $85B+ market. In addition to property management, Mynd helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. Leveraging its proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has rapidly expanded into 24 markets.
Mynd is the first proptech company of its kind to combine technology and expert teams to deliver best-in-class services for investors. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments and was recently named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020.
On June 1, 2021, Mynd announced a deal with Invesco Real Estate that will propel Mynd to be one of the largest buyers of SFR homes in the country. Invesco Real Estate, a global real estate investment manager, is investing capital into the Mynd business, as well as partnering with Mynd as an institutional investor with a capital commitment of up to $5 billion dollars across multiple strategies to acquire 20,000 homes.
About the role:
Mynd is continuing to scale at an incredible pace and we are looking to add a Talent & Culture (T&C) Business Partner to our team. This role will be critical in partnering with key stakeholders across Mynd to ensure all things People are supported and successful. The T&C Business Partner will work as a liaison between the business units and T&C to ensure key engagement and performance initiatives are consistently delivered and tailored to our business needs. A successful candidate will have a strategic, innovative approach to solving unique people's needs throughout a time of massive growth and change.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of T&C in implementing HR strategies and initiatives that align with business priorities and positively impact people development and retention
- Engage with business leaders on an ongoing basis to identify problem areas, and brainstorm creative solutions to improve team effectiveness
- Continue to develop and modify people programs to scale and support the business throughout change
- Partner with our T&C Analyst to use data to back recommendations for and the direction of change
- Consistently have a pulse on the sentiment of our people and culture and drive initiatives to support moving the needle
- Coach business leaders to increase their effectiveness as people managers and ability to approach complex employee relations situations
- Proactively manage employee relations matters to ensure we are mitigating risk for the company, and conduct investigations as necessary
- Build and foster an inclusive and diverse culture aligned to our Company mission and values
- Support performance management initiatives including workforce planning, talent reviews and succession planning.
- Identify training needs and coaching opportunities
- 5+ years in Human Resources with generalist, people ops or business partner experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Stellar ability to engage and communicate with key leaders of the organization
- Strong strategic and creative problem solver. Self-motivated working under minimal supervision
- Highly adaptive and welcoming to change, keen eye for detail, and highly organized
- Ability to multitask, have the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines, and demonstrate composure in times of uncertainty and stress
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, workforce planning, diversity, performance management, and compliance.
- SHRM-CP, PHR or other HR certifications preferred
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
Always Be Entrepreneurial
Play Team First
Be an A Player
Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.