Being an In-house Legal Engineer with us
At BRYTER, we have the big advantage of being able to use our own platform for legal processes. You will work closely with the General Counsel and look at everything thats manual, repetitive, and can be automated. While leading by example for our customers your job is to make sure that the General Counsel does not spend too much time on low-value work. One of your main focus areas will be to identify those mundane tasks and take them off the General Counsels hands. In this role you will develop new legal tech products which can eventually be used by our customers as well. All of this requires an in-depth understanding of how lawyers think and where rules can be standardized and automated.
As an In-house Legal Engineer, you have a solid understanding of both, the legal sector and tech. This enables you to quickly understand how problems and workflows from these sectors can be mapped into digital tools. You are a considerate, bright, forward thinking, entrepreneurial candidate with a passion for developing legal tech products with the general counsel which can eventually be used by our customers. We are looking for a person with hands-on mentality and strong analytical skills. As an In-house Legal Engineer you are able to combine law and tech and provide the missing link between these two areas.
Besides your professional qualification, you have solid experience in working with various market standard tools for document analysis and automation (e.g. Kira, iManage RAVN, Eigen Technologies, Luminance, Seal, ContractExpress, etc.) as well as for workflow and document management (e.g. HighQ, iManage, Sharepoint, etc.). This enables you to quickly develop automation solutions which effectively combine a BRYTER workflow with such other tools to leverage their full combined potential. Further, you are able to identify and validate new opportunities for both the enhancement of existing third-party integrations as well as the development of integrations with other tools.
This role does not require in-depth coding experience, but is rather focused on the professional application of various tools. However, it requires a basic technical understanding especially how frontend web applications and APIs work. Further, it requires a constant willingness to learn new things and to further develop your own skills.
- Working closely with the General Counsel to identify pain points and mundane tasks
- Developing cutting-edge automation solutions for the legal department
- Managing and executing projects for the development of integrated BRYTER workflows
- Development of prototype workflows on the BRYTER platform
- Always automate first
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Degree in law (LL.B., LL.M., state/bar exam or equivalent)
- Solid experience with market standard tools for document analysis and review as well as workflow and document management
- Tech-savviness some coding experience is a big plus; basic understanding of frontend web applications and APIs mandatory
- An undeniably positive attitude and extreme dedication
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously if required.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Perfect Proficiency in the English language
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience in a B2B software-as-a-service (SaaS) business is a plus
- Very strong interpersonal and analytical skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to shape global operations and support the global strategy of a hypergrowth SaaS player
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial environment that encourages and fosters career development and fast learning. Full remote working environment
- Flat hierarchies and hands-on mentality
- Opportunities to build and develop your personal network
- Full remote working environment
- A competitive salary reflecting intense and demanding engagement. Participation in the Company ESOP
Who are we?
We supercharge enterprise services by enabling business experts to build and distribute powerful applications. Our truly no-code platform gives enterprise teams the tools to build self-service applications to provide faster, more accurate services to their colleagues, without programming. Our product is especially geared to professionals in law, compliance, accounting and finance, who use our software to automate complex, recurring decisions and scenarios. Global brands from McDonalds and ING, through to professional service firms like Deloitte, PwC and KPMG, use BRYTER to deliver services digitally.
What is it like to work at BRYTER?
We are a remote-first Software-as-a-Service company, with people across the world. We believe that teams are more important than businesses and we are convinced that the right team can have the greatest impact. Our management team has successfully built, scaled and sold companies before and wants to create an environment where everyone can grow to their full potential and flourish.
We want our team members to take responsibility, to understand the mission and, ultimately, to be happy. That is why our organization is optimized to foster employee happiness, allowing everyone to have as much ownership, autonomy and mastery as possible. If you want to hear it straight from the horses mouth on what this means, how working at BRYTER is like, our CPO and Co-Founder Michael Hbl has recorded a webinar, where he shares a bit about our remote-first working culture.
Our employees can choose to work from home or anywhere they prefer. We encourage everyone to take part in conferences, to share their suggestions across the business and to learn. Whilst we are remote-first, we have office hubs in London, New York, Berlin, Frankfurt and Dublin.
Being remote-first means we work extra hard to foster relationships, including daily coffees (only rule is dont talk about work!) and an in-person get-together every quarter where we spend the time strategizing, planning as well as just talking, having fun and getting to know each other better. To date we have always done this in Frankfurt, Germany, where we have one of our offices. Thats why we sometimes call the time that we get together, on-sites. However, during the COVID-pandemic, these get-togethers have become virtual as well.