Want to work on cutting edge technologies, and deliver the future of autonomous vehicles? Motional is leading the way in designing and implementing the next generation of software that will power the vehicles of the future. At Motional, we are looking for a Hardware In-the-Loop (HIL) Engineer who is passionate about developing test tools and supporting early stage software integration. You will be joining and contributing to the HIL Operations Team who is responsible for all HIL test benches across the entire company. In this role, you will be creating software tools, troubleshooting software issues and help to manage software configuration throughout the life cycle of active test benches.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the bustling Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and maintain software tools that compile system usage, availability metrics data and generate automated alerts for problems.
- Maintain test bench software configuration across multiple bench platforms
- Work with bench users and HIL Ops lead to develop requirements for new software tools
- Work with software engineering teams to integrate new software tools for test benches
- Contribute to the analysis of data collected by software analytics tools
- Investigate and resolve bench issues
- Test and debug new software features that are specific to the test benches
- Create APIs and dashboards to display necessary analytics
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering, such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, Robotics, or equivalent knowledge and work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software testing or integration
- Experience with Linux and scripting languages (Bash/Shell)
- Experience with analytics software such as Grafana or Redash
- Experience with developing web APIs using Flask or other web servers
- Experience with Python or Golang
- Experience in using issue tracking and configuration management tools (Atlassian Confluence, Jira).
- High level of attention to details.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong debugging, and analytical skills.
If you dont meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - thats okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. Were behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, its imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motionals success. Thats why weve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.