Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The IT Service Desk Manger will be responsible for providing overall leadership and oversight to the Help Desk team. This person will be expected to implement the planning, designing, and improvement of the Help Desk team according to industry's best practices. In addition, the manager will be responsible for ensuring the standards and processes in place are followed and effective, as well as staffing levels and coverage to meet support requirements. Providing customer service across all locations will be crucial to success!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate the daily workflow of Help Desk Operations.
- Contribute to a quarterly roadmap adhering to business initiatives
- Develop and implement help desk policies, processes and procedures to include responsibility for effectively communicating status of all help desk operations.
- Establish and lead processes to ensure effective support coordination between IT Help Desk and other IT teams.
- Ensure Help Desk Specialists are providing quality customer service and incident resolution in a timely manner.
- Coordinate effective project and knowledge transitions.
- Serve as point of contact for escalation on major service disruptions to the offices and ensure appropriate communication channels are used effectively to notify end users and stakeholders.
- Build and continually develop relationships with the teams across the organization.
- Collaborate with staff and leadership to ensure executions are effective and efficient.
- Direct and oversee the work of Help Desk professionals, including training, mentoring and insuring professional development.
- Improve hardware/assets distribution strategy
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution or equivalent professional experience.
- 10 years of experience providing end user support.
- 7 years leading or managing a team of at least 10 reports
- Advanced knowledge of help desk operations using Jira and/or Zendesk
- Experience handling 3rd party vendors.
- Broad understanding of IT concepts, development practices, and architectures.
- On-call and occasional hours outside normal business according to business needs.
- Experience supporting applications; such as Salesforce, Dialpad (VOIP), Office365, Workday, Dropbox
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.