Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers, products, and engineers, all focused on transforming future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
Superpedestrian is seeking a Director of Product Management, Hardware to lead the team of product managers and designers. The team goal is to research, specify, design, and develop hardware products including the next-generation vehicle and platform. You will be responsible for managing the roadmap, resources, and tasks to deliver the product, ensuring its quality and time to market.
What you will do:
- Understand Superpedestrians strategic and competitive position and deliver world class products through an understanding of our users, the latest technological trends and competitive advances
- Lead the vehicle product strategy for all future vehicles
- Create a compelling vision for our future vehicles that will inspire our teams and lead the industry
- Lead a team of hardware Product managers and designers defining all hardware products
- Lead the Product Management process for roadmap updates, change management, and communication
- Partner with Engineering leadership to understand and balance tradeoffs
- Be a gatekeeper for the quality of all products and collaborate with engineers Own Modeling and Analysis of different business models and costs
- Lead experiments and use data to inform decisions across a wide spectrum of stakeholders from partner teams to executive levels.
- Partner with all external stakeholders to understand, balance, and prioritize feature requirements
- Lead a team through the ideation, technical development, and launch of physical products, ideally vehicles
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Attract, build, manage, and develop a talented, diverse, equitable and inclusive team of product managers and product leaders
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
Who you are:
- 7-10+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Design
- 5+ years of experience working collaboratively with engineering product delivery teams
- 3+ years of experience hiring, managing, and developing both individual contributors and senior leaders
- Experience presenting to senior executive audiences
- BS/BA ideally in engineering or related field
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.