Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Cedar is seeking an experienced Head of University Programs to help us design, build, and scale a robust university hiring program. In this role, you will help to assess our intern/new-grad hiring needs, and then build a program to enable us to reach these targets. We believe that every hire has the potential to propel the company forward, and engaging forward-thinking, ambitious interns and new-grads from diverse backgrounds is core to this strategy. University hiring programs can unlock the potential for our junior talent, and Cedar is striving to be that career springboard.
You will start as a player/coach, applying data and qualitative experience to drive a brand new program at Cedar. You will play a meaningful role in Cedars ability to scale, and building positive relationships with key universities is one of the key tenets in this mission. As this is a relatively new program, your creativity and out-of-the box thinking will be encouraged and nurtured! This is a builder role with the opportunity to implement programs that will have a material impact on Cedars future!
This Head of University Programs will manage a team of Talent Ops Associates/Program Managers, and report to the Vice President of Talent Acquisition, however will gain exposure across all of Cedar. You will partner with Recruiting, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Finance, etc.
- Ideate, design, scope, and implement a robust internship and new-grad hiring program.
- Collect and analyze data and qualitative insights to address immediate hiring needs, while also thinking about what the program could/should look like in the future.
- Perform intern and new-grad recruiting initially, and then guide recruiters on sourcing, candidate assessment, and offer delivery.
- Build roadmaps for hiring 1/2/3 years in the future, and share these with executive leadership.
- Partner closely with L&D and Hiring Managers to create unique onboarding programs that will ensure each intern and new-grad are able to calibrate quickly and have an impact at Cedar.
- Build long term relationships with university career center departments, event organizers, professors, faculty, and student groups to share the story of Cedar and the impact we can make!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of progressive strategic HR/Recruiting experience, with 3+ of those in University Programs & Relations.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership/people management, with a focus on team development and building an inclusive culture.
- Data driven mentality, and an interest in always finding ways to leverage metrics in decision making.
- Experience ideating, designing, and implementing university hiring programs.
- A demonstrated ability in engaging and attracting a diverse group of early career candidates from a variety of underrepresented communities.
- Excellent project management skills, effectively balancing scope/time/cost.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of HR tools/systems and how/when best to implement them.
- Willing to travel as needed as we stand up the program on a national level.
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of June 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options