Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-alike modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
As Head of Trade Association Relations at Applecart you will focus on growing our relationships and business with leading national and state trade associations to contribute to the companys overall revenue growth. You will grow our business by leveraging your industry contacts and experience to form partnerships with trade associations directly and via public affairs agencies. You excel in high-energy environments and relish dealing with all the challenges that growth creates. You have experience working with or at trade associations and are familiar with the Beltway public affairs environment. You would work with a talented team of political and public affairs strategists, data scientists, and data analysts who, together, impact elections, policy outcomes, and marketing for Applecarts high profile clients.
What Youll Do
- Engage leading national and state trade associations to identify challenges and drive revenue opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and expansion of our public affairs revenue strategy by focusing on and specializing in trade association engagement.
- Customize compelling proposals that reflect a deep understanding of both the companys products and the clients political, public affairs, and/or marketing challenges.
- Prospect new business through compelling and creative strategies.
- Become an expert in Applecarts value proposition and product.
- Analyze industry trends and segments to create new sources of qualified leads.
- Utilize a CRM (Hubspot) system to track activity and manage relationships.
- Research and track developments in political news, public affairs, and the association world to find business opportunities.
- Present and communicate clearly, comfortably, and expertly about the companys product offerings, verbally and in written form.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience working with or for leading trade associations in Washington, DC
- BA/BS from a four-year college or university in Political Science, Economics, International Affairs, Public Policy, Business, or a related field
- An understanding of trade associations, public affairs sales, strategic communications, and/or independent expenditure efforts.
- Possess an understanding of the US political landscape and public affairs campaigns to advise clients across a wide ranging political spectrum
- Results driven with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding established goals
- Ability and desire to help grow a new business line and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience producing intuitive, client-ready business memos and decks
- You possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor
- History of being a self-starter