Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Manage and develop a team of talented sourcers and recruiters
- Lead recruitment for our Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) teams and develop strong partnerships / relationships with EPD organization leads. Partner with leadership to determine business needs, develop competitive recruiting strategies, structure, allocate, and deploy technical recruiting resources
- Partner and drive employer brand initiatives that educate candidates on Benchling and how were enabling our customers are changing the world
- Develop diverse pipeline strategies and partner with EPD and DEI Lead to set goals / commitments on hiring / building diverse pipelines
- Partner with the Recruiting Operations team to streamline our interview process and develop reports and insights
- Develop and manage programs that help add to our recruiting culture for example structured interviewing, referral programs, interviewer training, etc.
- Build candidate relationships, drive offer approvals, extensions, and negotiations
- BA/BS Degree with 8+ years of experience in Recruiting & Sourcing with 4+ years management experience at a high growth tech company
- Proven track record of successfully attracting world-class, elite technical talent.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills with attention-to-detail
- Exceptional leadership skills, demonstrating an ability to influence and work collaboratively with leadership and executives and to drive a cross-functional team in an aligned direction
- Mentor and develop others, while coaching through all stages of the hiring process
- Strong sense of urgency and relentless in delivering results
- Growth mindset, curious, and focused on continuous improvement
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Even and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.