Head of Offline Marketing
Our Marketing team drives growth for Wayfair on every major advertising platform. We arent your standard marketers: we own the strategy, P&L, and product roadmaps for our portfolio of bleeding-edge and in-house built marketing and AdTech products. We leverage them to acquire high potential customers and engage them to come back again and again. We have petabytes of first and third party data at our fingertips; what makes us successful is using that data to build algorithms and automated solutions to take the breadth and depth of our product offering and personalize it to each and every customer.
The Marketing team is looking for an experienced, strategic executive to lead the Offline Marketing team for Wayfair North America, our Specialty Retail Brands (AllModern, Birch Lane, and Joss & Main), and Perigold. You will own a multi-hundred million dollars of advertising spend for our offline marketing channels including catalog, direct mail, out-of-home, radio, podcasts, and more to come. You will manage a double-digit sized team of directors, senior managers, and analysts, and have indirect management of hundreds cross-functionally.
If you are entrepreneurial, innovative, have an appreciation for mixing art with science and building meaningful relationships with consumers, this is the role for you.
What youll do
Your job is to set the vision, strategy, and growth agenda for several of our largest Marketing channels. To be successful you will need to be a strong leader, a strategist, and an operator. Youre a storyteller, and can think creatively on how to reach and engage consumers in a brand-formant way. You will work in a highly cross-functional role to drive the brand-building agenda on behalf of five brands and geos, which includes working with data science, ad tech, product management, creative, merchandisers, and more. You will be a player-coach, rolling up your sleeves on a daily basis to dive into the weeds with your team, while also zooming out to drive the 2-3 year vision for the business.
Your time will be spent in the following areas:
- Managing and growing a high-performing, analytical team: be an inspirational leader to your team, while being a hands-on operator driving individual accountability; recruit and on-board the best talent in line with Wayfairs values
- Maintain performance and aggressively grow offline marketing channels: act as thought-partner on issue resolution for channels; own the overall catalog, direct mail, out-of-home, radio, and podcast 2-3 year visions and roadmaps roadmaps
- Own offline marketing forecast: create and be directly responsible for the quarterly business inputs,acquisition and retention goals
- Drive cross-functional partnerships: articulate and be the thoughtful yet tough driver of key partner roadmaps in line with your customer growth vision
- Drive external partner relationships: influence external companies, with access to senior executives, product managers and more
- Represent offline marketing programs to executives: be the advocate and first point-of-call for brand marketing growth at leadership meetings and forums
- Identify and drive customer growth innovation: find, scope and drive new, large scale initiatives of at least $50M+ in revenue which moves the needle for Wayfair overall
What youll need
- 15+ years in a data-driven, performance-oriented environment (consulting, private equity, investment banking etc.) youre a world-class critical thinker on analytics
- Proven track record of developing full-funnel, cross-channel, and data-driven marketing strategies and roadmaps
- Operating experience you need to demonstrate agility, scrappiness and cheetah-like reaction to issue resolution
- Experience building and managing mid-to large-sized high performance teams your team expects you to raise the talent bar relentlessly
- Unparalleled cross-functional influencing style at senior levels while giving stakeholders confidence in your knowledge and demeanor
- Genuine passion for technology platforms and/or e-commerce you like reading about this stuff
- Extreme comfort in a fast-paced environment with a roll up your sleeves approach
- MBA strongly preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.